Malaysia England Spain China Germany Italy New Zealand Indonesia

archives by entry title

20 March 2004

Syrian Haircut

Location : London, England.

Today I went to Acton to meet some ex-colleagues of mine from bid-up.tv. After that, I got a haircut at a place called Sam's. Sam, apparently is a big Syrian dude who looked like he could sit on you and all your innards would squirm out. While cutting my hair, he tried to create a conversation so he asks me in French if I was French(?). I told him that I don't understand French because I'm Malaysian. That is something that has gotten me bewildered many times because I have been asked this question a million times. Can't they bloody see my Oriental features? Black hair! Slit eyes! Yellow ass! Kungfu moves! Not that I leave my whole ass exposed but...it's so damn obvious. So then Sam asks me why do I speak with a French accent. I told him "You fookin' kiddin' me mate! It's the French who are trying to sound Malaysian!". He might've been offended by that statement because he proceeded to treat my head as if it wasn't joined to my neck. Seriously. There were times I thought he was going to break my neck and I wondered if that was going to be my last haircut.

If I had a sister, I cannot imagine catching her doing a sexual act. I reckon I'm quite an open guy but I don't know if I can handle someone doing my sister. Some people can. It's funny but if it ever happened, I reckon I would make sure the guy eats from a straw for the rest of his life. Then again, if I was that guy...poor me. I'd be beating myself up. That's not what I meant - I wouldn't think that it was right to kick the bastard's teeth in, that a brother should be over-protective to that extent. It's what I once said - if I ever had a daughter of my own flesh & blood and someone does something to her, I would feel like he did that something to me. Know what I mean? And that is an utterly gross thought. Have you ever thought of it that way? Or worse - has that ever happened to you? How did you react? So how do I find an equilibrium and do the right thing? Or do I do nothing?

London is cold, wet, dark and gray again. Ahh...I just love this jolly English weather. I love it so much that it's doing my head in. Every girl has a bitchy unfriendly face, everyone's always in a rush and I never seem to have enough time to sleep. Don't know how much longer I can take this....not while I'm still on vacation. I think I'm going to head out of London soon....maybe out of England.

Posted by Ripcord at March 20, 2004 12:40 PM

Comments

don't tell me you haven't slept with someones sister before!

Posted by: jet at March 20, 2004 05:22 PM

Ed.. guess what TERESA is leaving soon you better get her a can of Coke from London yeah?
Her last day is on the 5th Of May 2004

Posted by: marj at March 20, 2004 06:05 PM

jet: he prolly has but he was 'feeling' like he was doing it to the girl's dad. poor sod,... seems loaded with issues. =O

Posted by: grim at March 20, 2004 06:27 PM

I knew there was a reason I didn't give you my sisters number in NZ when you were there!
If you're leaving London, any chance you'e coming up north?
It may be colder, and wetter, but the girls smile more, and there's a fw friendly faces around...

Posted by: raphrider at March 20, 2004 11:33 PM

jet : nope. i always thought that was every guy's dream but i don't really fancy that....unless they are swedish twins that look like victoria silvstedt! =)

marj : why? she seemed as if she enjoyed her job...

grim : nice one.

raphrider : i'm thinking more on the lines of leaving england! unless your sister is in wakefield? =P

Posted by: ripcord at March 21, 2004 11:36 AM

boys tend to be far more protective of their sisters. i find it hypocritical to criticize my siblings (younger or older - since i have both) for doing things i've done myself. it took a bit of getting used to in the case of my younger sis, but it makes the relationship a whole lot better. i feel comfortable cause i know exactly who my sisters are with and what they're doing rather than just going nuts wondering abt it.

Posted by: sarah at March 21, 2004 04:38 PM

Hey ed,
Thinks of their currency man...any news from Eden yet ?, or shld i send my company profile to you ??

Posted by: grandpa at March 22, 2004 01:05 AM

I don't have any brothers, but I have a very protective father. I like his being protective of me. It is appreciated :)

Posted by: Stacy at March 22, 2004 03:23 AM

sarah & stacy : good to know because i've always wondered what it would be like to have a wild sister.

granpa : eden is waiting for you to reply his email! you can send the company profile to me first....as an attachment on email? or do you want to wait for me to be back?

Posted by: ripcord at March 23, 2004 08:09 PM

Ed...well don't think TERESA is enjoying her job ever since the first day till today becoz of the f*cked up bastard in my office!!! Not like i am enjoying too just have to WORK WORK WORK to earn some $$$ yeah! take care

Posted by: marj at March 23, 2004 09:37 PM

You think I'm wild? haha

Posted by: stacy at March 30, 2004 06:25 AM

marj : well, know for a fact that sooner or later i'll have to start working too.

stacy : no, because you weren't caught by your own sibling giving someone a blowjob, were you? =)

Posted by: ripcord at April 1, 2004 05:10 PM